Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Go Gonzo or Go Home

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas had a bigger influence on my formative years than has probably been strictly good for me. Ah, but no regrets. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson knew how to hang it all out there, and I feel like there's now a Hunter-shaped hole in the world since his passing this last February. Now I can't promise that any booze is going to help you fill that hole in your life, but if you'd like to find out for yourself I suppose I'd recommend the Gonzo Imperial Porter from Flying Dog Ales.

A special tribute batch has been brewed up by Hunter's friends at his local brewery, with labels designed by longtime Gonzo collaborator Ralph Steadman. If you hurry, you can even buy one of 1500 750ml bottles signed by Mr. Steadman. BTW, the guy pictured here is Brian Harvey, the "Gonzo Golden Ticket" winner. Seems Johnny Depp was feeling inspired by his recent turn as Willy Wonka and placed a Golden Ticket with one of the signed bottles. The ticket is an invitation for two to Hunter's memorial at Owl Farm in Woody Creek, Colorado on Aug 20. Curse you, Brian Harvey! That was my ticket!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home