Monday, November 14, 2005

iPod, I Command Thee -- Remotely!

I ride a motorcycle, see? And I like to listen to my iPod while I ride, see? But when I'm on a long ride and the shuffle picks out an audiobook or a 30-minute Grateful Dead tune, or if I stop and want to hear what someone's saying, I'm pretty much S.O.L. To hit pause or skip or whatever, I have to take off my gloves, dig into my jacket pocket -- you get the idea.

Well, if this product doesn't suck, problem solved. It's the lazily named RF all iPod Remote Control on Wrist, and it's probably overpriced at $60. But if you want to get one (and then get back to me about whether it's any good or not), it's available here.

UPDATE: Hey, the blog is paying dividends! My wonderful girlfriend got me one of these for my birthday. I've only had it out of its packaging for about an hour, but it seems to work as advertised. It'd be nice if the buttons were bigger (for operating with thick motorcycle gloves on), and they sometimes take a little more pressure or persistence than is ideal. But all in all, this gizmo has already made my life a little better. Thanks, Baby!

SECOND UPDATE: Caveat Emptor. My girlfriend is fantastic, but this product kind of sucks. It seems to work sporadically, at best, even when the remote is held within a few inches of your iPod and its receiver -- much less when it's further away, like on your wrist. If I hadn't already thrown away the packaging, I'd demand my girlfriend's money back.

[via Red Ferret]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home